- Did you know that on a cloudless night between 2,000 and 3,000 stars are visible to the unaided eye? With the help of one of the great astronomical telescopes this number is increased to 50,000,000.
- I have read that “The number of visible craters on the Moon is 30,000” My friend Pat says that he didn’t know there was anyone on the moon.
- The volume of the Sun is 339,300,000,000,000,000 cubic miles. The mass of the sun is 1,998,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 tons. Question - I wonder what an ounce of it would weigh?
- GNO GNEWSMAN GNOS WHAT A GNUS GNOS GNEEDS WHEN GNOCKING DOWN GNUTS!
- Did you know that Cambridge have won the Boat Race 59 times and Oxford 47 times?
- The names of the days of the week come from the Old English translations of the Roman names - Sunday - Sol, Monday - Luna, Tuesday - Tiw the God of War, Wednesday - Wodin or Odin, Thursday - Thor, Friday - Frig wife of Odin and Saturday - Saturnius.
- Did you know that the longest tunnel in the world is from East Finchley to Morden on the Underground and stretches for 17¼ miles?
- The longest bridge is over the Lower Zambesi, Africa with a length of 11,320 feet.
- The highest structure is the TV Tower at Roswell, New Mexico.
- The longest ship canal is in Gota, Sweden - it is 115 miles long.